The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI) recently announced the election of four new national officers who will lead the association and industry over the next two years.
In addition, the ISRI Board of Directors elected four directors-at-large and one associate director. At the helm of the team of new leaders is Chair Gary Champlin of Champlin Tire Recycling (Concordia, KS).
The three other national officers are:
- Chair-Elect Brian Henesey of Rocky Mountain Recycling Inc. (Commerce City, CO);
- Vice Chair Colin Kelly of Schnitzer Steel Industries (Everett, MA); and
- Secretary/Treasurer Andy Golding of Kripke Enterprises (Toledo, OH).
Four directors-at-large were elected:
- Dan Becker, Becker Iron & Metal (Venice, IL);
- Brandi Harleaux, South Post Oak Recycling Center (Houston, TX);
- Joel Litman, Texas Recycling (Dallas, TX); and
- Steve Levetan of Pull-A-Part LLC (Atlanta, GA).
Ian Lewandowski of ShearCore/BladeCore (Superior, WI), was elected as associate director.
President of ISRI, Robin Wiener said:
“ISRI congratulates and welcomes a new slate of leaders to its Board of Directors,” She added: “These new leaders bring a wide variety of backgrounds in leadership to help guide the industry through what will be uncertain times moving forward given the global pandemic we are facing. Their backgrounds in EHS issues, global trade, and business operations will help guide us and lead us to new opportunities as the industry and association evolve. Together, we are a stronger ISRI, and a stronger industry.”
The following new chapter presidents also began two-year terms on the Board of Directors:
- David Bestwick, Empire Chapter, Dominion Nickel Alloys
- Jason Grube, Indiana Chapter, Rochester Iron & Metal
- Zach Mallin, Mid-America Chapter, Mallin Companies
- Angelo Medico, Mid-Atlantic Chapter, Louis Cohen & Son
- Matt Applebaum, New England Chapter, Framingham Salvage Co
- Lenny Formato, New York Chapter, Empire Metal Trading
- Mary Hlepas, Northern Ohio Chapter, Imperial Aluminum-Minerva
- Sean Daoud, Pacific Northwest Chapter, PNW Metal Recycling
- Linda Leone, Paper Stock Industries Chapter, WestRock Company
- Brandon Kaminski, Rocky Mountain Chapter, CMC Steel Arizona
- Aaron Plitt, Pittsburgh Chapter, AMG Resources Corp
- Neal Frey, Scrap Tire Processors, Entech Inc
- Barry Wolff, Southeast Chapter, Charleston Steel & Metal Co
New commodity division directors for the 2020-2022 term are as follows:
The Electronics Division: Crag Boswell – HOBI International, Adam Shine – Sunnking Inc and Megan Tabb – Synergy Recycling LLC.
The Ferrous Division: Jim Wiseman – Smart Recycling Management LLC, Joshua Carter – Integrity Metals and Brian Halloran – CMC Recycling.
The Nonferrous Division: Chris Gneiding – Intra American Metals Inc (Intrametco), Tony Levin – Ferrous Processing & Trading Co and Marvin Finkelstein, Kripke Enterprises Inc.
The Paper Division: Shawn State – Pratt Industries, Leonard Zeid – Midland Davis Corp and Don Majka – Waste Management.
The Plastics Division: Sunil Bagaria – GDB International Inc, Scott Saunders – KW Plastics Recycling and Jonathan Cohen – Generated Materials Recovery.
Tire & Rubber: Mark Rannie – Emanuel Tire LLC, Glenn Cohen – Alberta Environmental Rubber Products and Troy Hess – Mahantango Enterprises Inc.
For further information go to www.isri.org